Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 08:52 AM

Re: Referendum related posts from the Joe Cox thread.

Really, I find it quite nauseating how some of the 'remain' supporters are using this thread and the death of an MP as something to be used in the referendum campaign.

So do I .
What is the matter with people have they no sense of what of right ?
A young woman has lost her life in horrific circumstances .
And that goes for the cheap jokes on the Oscar Pistorius thread too.
Another young woman dead and jerks make jokes about it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 09:06 AM

Life goes on Muddy, but the media must take some of the blame for the desensitisation concerning tragic circumstances as these. We are bombarded daily with death and destruction, sometimes in graphic detail, the public grow hardened to such events and look for an escape, they sometimes find it in humour.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Life goes on Muddy, but the media must take some of the blame for the desensitisation concerning tragic circumstances as these. We are bombarded daily with death and destruction, sometimes in graphic detail, the public grow hardened to such events and look for an escape, they sometimes find it in humour.
You can say that again OGF.
The country is voting on Thursday over something which is going to effect how our country will be governed for many a decade.
Perhaps forever.
Tragic though this is, I would find it rather pathetic if anyone votes to stay based on that one event.
But if you do, then this sort of thing will happen more and more if we continue to allow mass immigration.
Particularly as Turkey and others are coming down the line towards us.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 10:31 AM

I have to say that my reaction to the news of this lady's death, was sympathy for her husband and children, but it did cross my mind that it may have an effect on the referendum vote. I hope it doesn't because an obviously mental murderer, taking the life of a young wife and mother, has no bearing on whether we stay in or out.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Shame again it turns into a political point when it's a post about a death of a young women with children.
Yes
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 01:14 AM

I don't mind admitting I am going to vote leave. i want to be able to vote for those in government over here instead of having no vote in the EEC.

France and Germany in particular are afraid that if we leave they will have to start milking financially another country instead.

I believe it is not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket which is what the EEC is trying to do . the Euro is dropping in value so fast it won't be worth anything in a few years time.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...value-analysts

Extract from link

quote " The euro slipped to $1.0599 on Wednesday, below $1.06 for the first time since April 2003. In total, the euro has lost 35% of its value since last May." unquote

That is why they are desperate for us to stay in so we can support their currency
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
So do I .
What is the matter with people have they no sense of what of right ? ......
This from the author of ....

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Well not everyone lives in the outback bullying the indigenous peoples.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 06:50 PM

Nobody is 'turning' the murder into a politicial event. It was a political event. She was murdered because of who she was and what she said and believed. It wasn't the Leave campaign that killed her, it was someone who was disturbed by the hate campaigns used to convince people like him that if we stay in the EU we will be overrun by savages. The language used by many on the Leave side, including the disgusting UKIP brigade is aimed at those of low intelligence to frighten them into voting to leave. Deliberate incitement to hatred of 'the other' and fear of being swamped by them is the political strategy of the far right and always has been. Mainly because it works. As many posts on these threads prove.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
Nobody is 'turning' the murder into a politicial event. It was a political event. She was murdered because of who she was and what she said and believed. It wasn't the Leave campaign that killed her, it was someone who was disturbed by the hate campaigns used to convince people like him that if we stay in the EU we will be overrun by savages. The language used by many on the Leave side, including the disgusting UKIP brigade is aimed at those of low intelligence to frighten them into voting to leave. Deliberate incitement to hatred of 'the other' and fear of being swamped by them is the political strategy of the far right and always has been. Mainly because it works. As many posts on these threads prove.
Hi

I find the arrogance of the far left in describing those who do not agree with them as being of low intelligence boring.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I find the arrogance of the far left in describing those who do not agree with them as being of low intelligence boring.
To be honest Swim I don't think there will need to be a trial... seeing as moreover seems to know so much about it!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top